Get Bombastic British Crunch from a Single Stompbox
Amp makers from across the pond are responsible for some of the most fantastic plugged-in tones of all time. That massive, crunchy sound is what Vox had in mind when they created the Copperhead overdrive pedal. This pedal is much more than an amp in a box, though. It relies on a Vox Nutube and all-analog circuitry to create full-throated tones that could even make Yngwie jealous. You get an active 3-band EQ and Bright switch for tone shaping, along with standard Gain and Volume controls. So you can see how your signal is affected, Vox also included a built-in OLED display with an oscilloscope. Complete with three operating modes and switchable all-analog cab emulation, the Vox Copperhead is ready to punish your speakers with its venomous bite.
Use it as a pedal, preamp, or amp in a box
Vox equipped the Copperhead with switchable operating modes for serious flexibility. Play through it in Standard mode, and it will act just like an overdrive pedal. By switching to Preamp mode, you can use the Copperhead as a preamp for line-level devices such as your favorite keyboard. Finally, Cab-Sim mode engages the built-in analog cabinet simulator for direct recording or sending the signal to your PA system.
The Copperhead overdrive pedal features Vox's Nutube technology to give you the tube feeling that you love without the bulk, heat, or other issues. Through years of research, Vox shrank the traditional vacuum tube down into a minuscule size without sacrificing reliability or durability. With Nutube powering your pedal, you get the punch, sag, and harmonic complexity of a real amp in a pedal format. Meanwhile, internally boosted voltage gives you greater headroom, so you can dial in the perfect amount of breakup.
Vox Copperhead Overdrive Pedal Features:
- Inspired by classic punchy British amps
- Nutube technology gives you the performance and feel of a tube amp
- Active EQ provides intuitive tone shaping
- Bright switch adds treble saturation
- Standard mode operates just like a pedal
- Preamp mode handles line-level devices before sending them to a PA
- Cab-Sim mode engages cabinet simulation for direct recording
- Selectable cabinet simulator lets you run straight into a PA for live performance
- OLED display and oscilloscope shows how your signal is being affected in real time
- All-analog signal path preserves tone
- Pedal Type:British Overdrive
- Analog/Digital:Analog with Nutube
- Inputs:1 x 1/4" (instrument)
- Outputs:1 x 1/4"
- Other I/O:1 x 1/8" TRS (link)
- EQ:Active 3-band EQ
- Controls:Gain, Bright Switch, 3-way Mode Switch (pedal, preamp, cab-sim)
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries:1 x 9V
- Power Usage:95mA
- Weight:0.77 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:VECD