Yamaha’s Revstar Standard RSS02T is an update of the original Revstar series of guitars, refined to offer improved comfort and even more striking visuals! This maple-topped double-cut’s lightweight chambered mahogany body is loaded with two rich and warm sounding VP5 pickups that deliver classic P-90 tones — from clean jazz textures on the neck pickup to wild overdriven leads on the bridge. The neck is comprised of carbon-reinforced mahogany so that it will stay straight and true in even the most challenging of environments. What’s more, Yamaha has equipped this Revstar with their proprietary “focus” switch that shifts your tone’s resonant frequency and supercharges your pickup’s power. If you’re looking for a high-performance, no-nonsense axe with explosive tones, rock-solid playability, and sleek modern aesthetics, the RSS02T sets the standard.
Comfortably curved Revstar body
The Revstar’s curvy lines and classic aesthetics are said to be inspired by the utilitarian British Café racer motorbikes found in 1960s-era London, adding a tough no-frills attitude to these sleek guitars. The unique double-cut chambered body was developed using Yamaha’s Acoustic Design process to optimize the Revstar’s balance, deliver a resonant tone, and reduce weight. One strum of the RSS02T is all it takes to see how Yamaha’s research paid off: the Revstar’s body is a supremely comfortable design that showcases Yamaha’s steadfast dedication to musical innovation!
Yamaha-designed P-90 pickups deliver iconic tone
As far as we're concerned here at AudioProCT, every guitarist should have a guitar loaded with P-90 single-coil pickups in their collection. You get the snap and spank of a single-coil pickup, but with the girth and low-mid richness that you'd expect from a humbucker. The custom-designed VP5 P-90 pickups in the RSS02T utilize Alnico V magnets, a silver baseplate, and plain enamel wire, creating a clear, vintage-inspired tone with plenty of bite. Set your tube amplifier at its breakup point, and you'll be able to take the RSS02T from clean and chiming to blazing overdrive just with the volume knob.
Bring your sound into focus
Yamaha’s Revstar line already introduced us to their clarity-boosting “Dry” switch, and the RSS02T offers another distinct tonal feature to stand out from the crowd: the “Focus” switch. This dual-purpose push-pull switch adjusts the resonant frequency of your guitar’s tone and kicks up the power. When testing it out at AudioProCT, we found that it’s an incredibly versatile feature that’s just as good at achieving “rolled off” jazz tones as it is for boosting your amp into overdrive territory.
Yamaha Revstar Standard RSS02T Electric Guitar Features:
- Ultra-comfortable and lightweight chambered mahogany body with a maple top
- 3-piece carbon-reinforced mahogany set neck with double-cutaway offers incredible upper fret access
- Yamaha VP5 P-90 pickups deliver pristine and organic clean tones, with the classic P-90 bite when overdriven
- “Focus” switch shifts your tone’s resonant frequency and amps up your power
- Jumbo stainless steel frets are highly resistant to wear
- Highly playable 12-inch fingerboard radius
- Rock-solid Tune-o-matic bridge and sleek racing tailpiece
- Number of Strings 6
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Body Type Solidbody, chambered
- Body Shape Revstar Standard
- Body Material Mahogany
- Top Material Maple
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Color Black
- Neck Material 3-piece Mahogany
- Neck Shape Revstar
- Neck Joint Set Neck
- Radius 12"
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay Pearloid Lines
- Number of Frets 22, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Nut Width 1.649"
- Nut Material PPS
- Bridge/Tailpiece Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Racing Tailpiece
- Tuners Die-cast
- Neck Pickup VP5n Alnico V Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup VP5b Alnico V Single-coil
- Controls 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone (push/pull focus switch)
- Switching 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings Elixir, .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:RSS02T SSB