Yamaha’s MODX series took their suite of creative and technological prowess and packed it into a high-performance synthesizer, engineered for modern needs. The MODX+ builds off this forward-thinking model to accommodate even greater sonic opportunities, bringing your total polyphony to an astounding 256 notes. Plus, the MODX OS introduces new features that include Voices and Live Sets, offering robust flexibility in both composition and performance. The onboard flash memory has been upgraded to 1.75GB, creating more room for your sounds and samples from your collection for more personalized expressive potential. Like its predecessor, the MODX+ is packed with powerful technologies ported from Yamaha’s flagship Montage series. State-of-the-art upgrades from their MOXF line include the AWM2 sample and synthesis engine, fortified with eight times more waveforms, alongside a powerful 8-operator FM-X engine modernized for amazingly dynamic sonics and complex sound design, as well as Motion Control Synthesis for seamless integration and powerful control of both sound engines.
What's new with MODX+
- 256-note total polyphony, with 128-note stereo from the AWM2 engine and 128-note FM-X
- MODX OS provides expanded instrumentation and composition abilities, including new features with Voices, Live Sets, and more
- 1.75GB expanded onboard flash memory to personalize your library
- Semi-weighted keys allow for responsive, expressive playing in ever register
Packed with sophisticated features
In addition to the AWM2 and FM-X sound engines, the Yamaha MODX6+ is packed with sophisticated features (many handed down from Montage), including the Super Knob, which gives you simultaneous control over multiple parameters; the ability to send 10 and return four audio channels plus 16 MIDI channels to/from your computer or iOS device over USB; Live Sets, which allow for Performance organization without copying, renaming, or changing order; and an A/D input that processes external audio sources through the MODX+ DSP.
Also onboard is Yamaha's Motion Sequences feature, which drives synth parameters via rhythmic control data you can intuitively interact with in real time; an Envelope Follower that lets you use internal or external audio as a synth parameter control source; and a Vocoder effect that re-creates the classic voice-synth sound. Four-part Seamless Sound Switching, the capacity for 27 simultaneous effects, an onboard 4-in/10-out audio interface, and 1.75GB of internal flash memory complete the feature set. The Yamaha MODX6+ gives you a powerful modern synthesizer, a potent controller with a multichannel USB audio/MIDI interface for extensive DAW and VST control, and an expressive 61-note semi-weighted keyboard to drive it all.
A powerful instrument that does it all
Keyboardists at AudioProCT have long respected the top-notch sounds Yamaha loads into their keyboards, and the Yamaha MODX6+ is no exception. From stunningly realistic acoustic and electric pianos, guitars, basses, and drums to orchestral instruments to vintage and modern synth sounds, each patch is expertly crafted down to the finest detail, so you can call up any preset you like and never have to worry about tweaking your tone. When you're in the mood to patch from scratch, however, the Yamaha MODX6+ provides a robust set of sound-sculpting tools for realizing your ultimate musical vision.
Add to that a full complement of VCM-based effects and processors, and you’ll never run out of creative possibilities. Yamaha's MODX6+ boasts a broad selection of effects for both the internal sounds and for use with the A/D inputs, giving you access to the same effects found in Yamaha's professional digital recording consoles. And the Yamaha MODX6+ supports the use of 27 effects simultaneously, so you can polish your tracks to perfection.
Yamaha MODX6+ 61-key Synthesizer Features:
- Semi-weighted keys provide excellent response with ample room for nuanced expression
- Motion Control Synthesis unifies and controls AWM2 and FM-X sound engines
- 256-note total polyphony: 128-note stereo AWM2 + 128-note FM-X
- Super Knob controls multiple parameters simultaneously for highly expressive sound interaction
- Send 10/receive 4 audio channels plus 16 channels of MIDI via a single USB cable
- Live Sets allow Performance organization without copying, renaming, or changing order
- 4-Part Seamless Sound Switching: change Performances while holding notes without sound or effect cutoff
- Direct Control Assignment assigns controls at the touch of a button
- The A/D input processes external audio sources with your instrument’s DSP
- Motion Sequences drive synthesizer parameters through rhythmic control data you can interact with in real time
- Envelope Follower allows internal or external audio to be used as a synth parameter control source
- AWM2 provides data compression without sacrificing sound quality
- MODX OS expands composition and performance potential, newly adding Voices, Live Sets, and more
- 1.75GB internal flash memory lets you install your own samples and external libraries for a completely personalized sound set
- FM-X 8-operator FM synthesis delivers amazingly dynamic sonics and complex sound design
- Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and signal processors
- Sidechain automatically controls dynamic behavior of parts separately from one another
- Vocoder effect re-creates classic voice-synth sounds
- Rhythm Pattern for effortless addition of drums or percussion to any Performance
- USB-to-host allows audio/MIDI connectivity to your USB-equipped computer or iOS device
- USB-to-device port allows connection of USB flash drives for loading and storing data
- Advanced Integration with Mac/PC