One of Sennheiser’s Best!
One of Sennheiser’s most popular microphones! It’s the MD 421-II’s versatility that has made this mic so widely acclaimed. Its ability to handle high pressure levels makes it a natural for guitars and drums, but that’s just the beginning. The MD 421-II’s full-bodied cardioid pattern and five-position bass control mean it’s an excellent choice for most instruments, as well as group vocals or radio broadcast announcers. One listen and you’ll know why it’s a classic.
A cardioid mic for a host of applications!
The MD 421-II is one of the best-known microphones in the world. Its excellent sound qualities enable it to cope with the most diverse recording conditions and broadcasting applications.
Feedback rejection and bass roll-off
The MD 421-II’s cardioid pattern offers outstanding feedback rejection, making it an excellent choice for live situations or recording environments where bleed from other instruments may be an issue. And the five selectable bass roll-off settings control proximity effect, so you can use the MD 421-II in close-miking situations and still get clean, clear response with no unnatural bass boost.
A sturdy, reliable mic
The MD 421-II has a glass composite housing and hardened stainless steel basket for rugged and durable performance in the studio or onstage. The sound inlet basket is refined steel for capsule protection. When you consider the lifetime performance and versatility of this mic, it’s easy to understand why the MD 421-II is world renowned for quality and value!
Sennheiser MD 421-II Features:
- Glass composite housing and hardened stainless steel basket — rugged and durable
- Five-position bass roll-off switch — compensates for proximity effect
- Frequency response 30Hz–17kHz
- Effective feedback rejection
- Clear sound reproduction
- Acoustic components enclosed in inner chassis — reduced sensitivity to dust and humidity
- Internal bass tubes help deliver accurate low-end response
- Handles exceptionally high sound pressure levels
- Mic clip included