Yamaha's groundbreaking TransAcoustic technology delivers onboard reverb and chorus effects. What sets TransAcoustic guitars apart from other instruments with onboard effects is that they don't require any external amplification. Engage the effects via the simple-to-use controls, and it's like you're playing in a rich, ambient venue — no amp or PA required. And when it's time for the gig, you can access those same great tones plugged in through the guitar's System70 + SRT Piezo pickup system.
How it works
The key to TransAcoustic is an integrated actuator, a small device hidden inside the guitar. The vibration of the instrument's strings cause the actuator to vibrate; these vibrations are transmitted to the guitar body, as well as the air around the guitar. The result is authentic reverb and chorus — without the need for any additional amplification or effects.
Yamaha's best-selling FGC series
Guitarists at AudioProCT love Yamaha's FGC series guitars. It's not hard to see why they are worldwide bestsellers: the comfortable dreadnought bodies, professional-grade tonewoods, and fast-playing necks make these acoustics great first instruments for beginners and solid seconds for seasoned players who need an extra acoustic for the stage or to play around the house. Not to mention, the western cutaway gives it a classic look; plus, because it offers better access to the upper frets, reaching higher notes when soloing has never been easier.
Yamaha FGC-TA TransAcoustic Dreadnought Guitar Features:
- A value-packed acoustic-electric with smooth playability and sophisticated onboard tech
- SRT zero-impact pickup
- Comfortable dreadnought cutawaybody with tapered waist fits all players
- Solid spruce top is full and balanced
- Mahogany back and sides add power and clarity of tone
- Scalloped bracing improves punch and projection
- Slim, tapered nato neck with fast satin finish glides through the hand
- Bound rosewood fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge
- Built-in chorus, room, and hall reverb