For over 20 years, Roland FANTOM workstations have offered cutting-edge keyboard technology that eliminates the gap between performance instruments and studio workstations. Now, AudioProCT is excited to offer the FANTOM-06, Roland’s most intuitive and powerful FANTOM yet! Featuring the same inspiring production tools and deep computer integration as Roland’s flagship FANTOM keyboards, the FANTOM-06 is a value-packed creative hub that puts an intuitive, streamlined, and unconstrained musical powerhouse at your fingertips. With its advanced 16-part multitimbral sound engine, featuring ZEN-Core and SuperNATURAL tone generators, the FANTOM-06 is packed with a wealth of stunningly realistic acoustic and electronic sounds. Plus, it gives you access to a massive supply of sound-shaping options to construct custom patches limited only to your imagination. Get ready to enter an endless universe of sonic exploration with the FANTOM-06!
A formidable sonic arsenal
The FANTOM-06 is fortified with an arsenal of inspiring, authentic electronic, acoustic, and hybrid sounds. Its powerful, versatile, and expandable sound engine draws on decades of industry-leading Roland technology, letting you combine various synthesis and sampling technologies along with the onboard digital filter for new cutting-edge sounds and the ability to take advantage of new sound expansions and capabilities as they become available. The FANTOM-06 nails coveted instruments from Roland's vaunted legacy of genre-defining synths while blazing new synthesis frontiers. At the FANTOM-06's core are Roland's custom Behavior Modeling Chips, powering the instrument with smooth, precise control, massive polyphony, and full patch remain for seamless transitions.
Creativity without compromise
With no confusing modes, technical limitations, or sonic compromises to derail your creative process, FANTOM-06 fuels your creativity with its fast, fluid workflow. Its creative process facilitates and enhances the way modern musicians work by providing intuitive compositional tools, instant-recall creative environments, and deep integration with your DAW. Forget about having to remember which features work in which mode — the FANTOM-06 is always in creative mode.
Make the scene
Whenever you enter your creative zone, the FANTOM-06 is ready with custom creative spaces called scenes that contain your sounds, clips, patterns, and performance layouts — all triggerable with a single touch. A scene can be a complete song, a segment of a song, or merely a starting point with your sounds arranged just the way you want them. You can chain scenes together or swap them out instantly — with no glitches or gaps.
Classic TR-REC pattern sequencer
FANTOM is a self-contained, 16-part multitimbral music composition platform designed for rapid creation and fluid arrangement. You can create patterns on the FANTOM-06 in a variety of ways, including step- and real-time polyphonic sequencing or the TR-REC pattern sequencer — ideal for rhythmic parts — as on Roland's iconic drum machines. The cornerstone of dance music is the step sequencer, none more classic than the 16-step TR-REC found in drum machines like the TR-808, TR-909, and the TR-8S. FANTOM’s onboard TR-REC sequencer is completely updated with sub steps for ratcheted parts, motion control for per-step automation, and support for chords.
Also at your fingertips are 16 RGB performance pads, real-time recording with piano-roll editing, and a grid for recording and launching clips. You can use any or all of these tools at any time to realize your musical goals. Build up tracks easily and quickly by arranging groups of clips. Record drums, bass lines, pads, and melodies into clips and trigger them separately or in scenes. This is an expeditious way to compose — and perfect for triggering backing tracks onstage.
The FANTOM-06 synth engine is based on Partials. Each Partial comprises a discrete synth voice, complete with oscillator, filter, amplifier, dual LFO, and effects. You can pack up to four Partials into a single Tone, and up to 16 Tones in a scene, which makes for mind-boggling complex layers, splits, and sequenced parts. With all this firepower, you can focus on creating music, not conserving processing power; you won’t have to concern yourself with how many effects you can use or if you can change sounds seamlessly without affecting complex patches. With the massive power available in FANTOM-06's engine room, you can run all 16 parts concurrently with all available effects and full patch remain.
Stunningly authentic sounds
To achieve its stunningly authentic acoustic and electronic sounds, FANTOM runs digital modeling, sampling, and analog synthesis technologies simultaneously. You can sample your own sounds and trigger up to two gigabytes of loops and one-shots from the onboard performance pad matrix. For extra warmth and grit, there’s also a digital filter that's completely routable, and you can even mix your favorite soft synths with the FANTOM-06’s internal sounds. For countless composers cross-genre, the piano is the heart of the creative process. The FANTOM-06 incorporates Roland's advanced SuperNATURAL technology that meticulously models the components of the instrument and lets you fine-tune them to craft pianos that match your personal taste and respond just like their acoustic counterparts.
While the FANTOM-06 is jaw-droppingly powerful in and of itself, its beastly power grows exponentially when connected to other equipment such as computers or analog synthesizers. The FANTOM-06's two mic inputs and onboard 16 x 2 stereo audio interface let you record studio-quality sound and route it to and from your DAW. The FANTOM-06 is also a masterful MIDI control surface for your DAW and plug-ins, letting you adjust parameters right from FANTOM's touchscreen. Mix and layer soft synths with the FANTOM-06’s internal sounds, and route them through FANTOM-06’s digital filter section.
Roland FANTOM-06 Features:
- 16-part multitimbral music workstation keyboard
- 61-note, velocity-sensitive keybed
- Fluid workflow no confusing modes, technical limitations, or sonic compromises
- Expandable ZEN-Core sound engine delivers authentic acoustic and electronic instruments
- Modern hybrid sounds combining PCM, virtual analog, and routable digital filter
- Roland's SuperNATURAL technology for breathtaking realism and expression
- Scenes contain parameters for all 16 layers, plus patterns and effects
- Deep integration with your DAW and plug-ins
- Onboard 16 x 2 stereo audio interface
- 1 mic input; 2 line inputs
- Clip-based multitrack sequencing with pattern recording and triggering
- Updated TR-REC sequencer inspired by classic Roland drum machines
- Massive DSP for robust polyphony and seamless patch transitions
- LCD touchscreen
- Onboard FX engine
- Balanced main outputs
- MIDI In/Out
- USB memory port and USB computer port with MIDI/audio over USB
- 3 pedal jacks
- Type:Keyboard Workstation
- Sound Engine:ZEN-Core, SuperNATURAL, Virtual ToneWheel Organ
- Number of Keys:61
- Type of Keys:Synth Action
- Velocity Sensitive:Yes
- Other Controllers:Pitchbend/Mod Lever, 2 x Programmable Wheels
- Pads:16 x Programmable Pads
- Polyphony:256 Notes, 16-part Multitimbral
- Number of Presets:128 x Scenes, 4 x Banks
- Presets:Over 3,500 Tones, Over 90 Drum Kits
- LFO:2 x LFO per partial, 4 partials per tone ; 16-step LFO with 35 curve choices per step
- Filter:10-bit Digital Multimode Filter
- Effects Types:90 x Multi-effects, 7 x Reverb, 9 x Chorus, Master Compressor, EQ
- Sequencer:TR-REC style 16-track, 8 pattern, 64-steps
- Sampling:16/24-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF
- Audio Recording:16 Stereo Channels, Realtime Recording, Step Recording, TR-REC
- Audio Playback:2 Stereo Channels
- Memory:2GB internal storage
- Storage:USB Flash Drive port
- Audio Inputs:2 x 1/4" (L/mono, R), 1 x 1/4" TRS (mic)
- Audio Outputs:2 x 1/4" TRS (L/mono, R), 2 x 1/4" (sub out)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (headphone sub out)
- USB:1 x Type B (4 x 32), 2 x Type A (external device, memory)
- MIDI I/O:In/Out/USB
- Pedal Inputs:1 x 1/4" (hold), 2 x 1/4" (control 1, 2)
- Expansion:EXZ, EXSN, EXM Series compatible
- Features:Chord Memory, Motional Pad, 32-band Stereo Vocoder
- Power Source:AC adapter (included)
- Weight:13.25 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:FANTOM-06